Air TravelCalgary is easily reached by air. Its international airport (YYC) provides service to numerous cities across Canada as well as major hubs in the United States and Europe.
Airport ConnectionsA taxi is the most convenient way to travel from the airport to the University of Calgary or a nearby hotel. The fare should be approximately $40 to $45, plus gratuity and taxes. Sedan services, which bill based on zones rather than a meter, are available at a similar cost. Uber also serves Calgary airport.
The most economical way to travel from the airport to the University of Calgary is via Calgary Transit. Information about routes that depart from Calgary airport can be found on the Calgary Transit website.
AccommodationsHotel Alma is located on the University of Calgary campus approximately 10 minutes walk from the conference location. Using this link should provide a discount compared to the publicly available rates. Several alternative hotels are available at Motel Village, including a Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western Village Park Inn which are commonly used by guests of the university. Motel Village is one light rail stop south of the university campus.
Things to Do In Calgary
- Catch the May Classic show jumping competition at Spruce Meadows
- Tour the Collections at the National Music Centre
- Visit Calgary's New Central Library
- Enjoy a meal at the top of the Calgary Tower
- Say "Hello" to the Panda's at the Calgary Zoo
- Check out the current exhibits at the Glenbow Museum
- Attend a performance by the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra or the Alberta Ballet
- Explore science at Telus Spark
- Visit Canada's Sports Hall of Fame